Friday, July 29, 2005

A love letter to my future wife

O.k. check it, I am reading that surdna foundation 2004 annual report. This is a non-profit that was started by a guy named John andrus in 1917 and is still active today. they have orphanages, retirement homes, give to tons of environmental groups etc.... I am SO inspired right now by it. I'm jumping off the walls here. this is totally what I want to do – create something like this. this has really opened my eyes. totally inspired by this foundation, and by the family, and the ideas in this manual. THIS is what its all about.

Regarding the TA non-profit, the more I think about it, and read this manual, the more I realize that there is a lot more to it than I initially realized, more to do to get it off the ground etc, and a lot more places to go with it.

Great stuff! I am so inspired by what I've been reading. Creating actual orphanages, retirement communities, environmental-concern giving, community outreach and citizenry building. HUGE! I'm digging it big time.

I'm not thinking create this as your life, but create that it is the legacy of your life. still have fun and enjoy life through whatever you do... but make sure the bigger picture leads to something like this family has done. That the legacy of our lives is that through our being alive thousands of others for decades afterwards are able to have better lives.... this is just huge.

I will have to make changes. I am such a hedonistic and sybaritic self-pleasing pleasure seeking kind of a person.... will have to make a few subtle shifts and tweaks in my personality.




Tonight while writing sitting outside on the steps in front of our townhouse at about midnight a woman I see frequently, or better put, who sees me often sitting there writing, asks me, ‘so what are you writing tonight?’ ‘I'm writing a letter to my future wife.’ ‘a love letter?’ ‘well yes’ ‘well there are all sorts of letters one can write to their fiancĂ©.’ ‘well I haven't met her yet so this is about the only kind I can think of to write to her at this point.’ She looked perplexed. ‘you haven't met her yet?’ ‘no.’ ‘you're writing a love letter to your future wife that you haven't met yet?’ ‘yes.’ ‘is this some kind of dating-site thing?’ ‘no. I'm just taking notes for her, asking her who she is.’ ‘why are you doing this? are you a romantic?’ ‘I would say this qualifies.’ ‘I would say it does. So why are writing to her? shouldn’t you be out trying to meet her?’ ‘great question. Perhaps I should be. But this keeps me focused on her. if I was out trying to meet her I'm sure I would never meet her. I would just be getting distracted.’ ‘you're right. that's the way it is. you're right about that. how long have you been writing to her?’ ‘about four years now.’ ‘my God aren't you sweet.’ ‘or crazy.’ ‘Are you a writer?’ ‘yes.’ ‘so this is good exercise for you anyway.’ ‘yes I guess it is.’ ‘and do you have a day job?’ ‘yes. I sing in a rock band.’ ‘I thought you were a singer. you look like a singer.’ ‘yes we tend to all look the same.’ ‘well you must tell me when you're playing next. I'm in apt 6E.’ and she gives me this smile. You know the one. ‘well have a good night. good luck meeting your wife.’ Thanks. Have a good night.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.