Sunday, May 11, 2003


Last great movie: The last waltz. Tried to watch this about ten years ago. Couldn’t get through it. saw it tonight. Thought it was so great. Goes to show. You know, if you know who someone who just never changes their opinion, watch out. Ha. The version of ‘night they drove old Dixie down’ is just so beautiful.  Sometimes I wonder if we have lost our really great music making with our lust for money and fame and all the MTV cribs extras that go along with it. I think that now, perhaps only temporarily, the art of music making has lost its authenticity. It exists obviously, but its underground now and doesn’t poke its head into the mainstream as much anymore. For example, in this movie—one concert, Joni Mitchell, Neil diamond, bob Dylan, Neil young, van Morrison, the band of course, muddy waters, Eric Clapton, and many more perform. and they're all like big stars in the mainstream. This movie, wow. It just makes you fall in love with real music making. And its really funny because everyone is so glassy eyed and baked in it. I mean even Neil Diamond high. Its just a classic. Its rock and roll.

Just got this marshall tsl 100 combo amp from eBay. And this has been my twenty millionth amp in the last year. No biggie. I go through a lot amps. I think a lot of guys. so anyway I wasn't liking it too much all of a sudden and I just had another one a few months before. but the clean does pretty much suck. And then all of a sudden it just blows up three days after I got it. which should be a bad thing, but it forced me to take out this ‘71 music-man 100 watt head I had laying around forever, and it just sounded amazing. we were all like ‘holy shit! That thing sounds great. That's your new amp!’ and I'm like, yea, but its my old amp!’ and then when I saw Eric Clapton on the last waltz he was playing what? You know it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.