Tuesday, July 15, 2003


Anna Lisa spent one night.

When you don't know anything about a country or speak its language, some of the simplest things are difficult. Yesterday just trying to find this store to buy tickets for a show was so hard. They don't really have addresses here. The direction was go to where this street meets this other street and its in there somewhere. When I finally found it two hours later it was closed. In the music store later to buy some CDs I realized I had no idea what Cds to buy. I asked the lady behind the counter and she was like I don't speak English and you can fuck off if you think I am going to try. So I went up to these two guys and we all tried in English and Italian to make it happen. I told them I was looking for the best of Italian pop and rock. Like the top ten albums of all time. And they were so psyched. I told them to choose any range of styles and just go for it. And they had a ball. Showing me all the best albums from the last thirty years. it was so cool. I have been listening and so far they did great. I walked away thinking that you can make it happen. No matter what it is. You just have to keep trying and if one thing doesn’t work you have to try something else and just be persistent. I cannot tell you how frustrated I was feeling yesterday. Several times I was just like fuck it I am going home to study. I'll try this shit tomorrow. but I ended up walking away with a handful of great music. This Gregori CD is awesome. And thank God cause I wasn't really digging their stuff too much. And if I don't get that passion about a culture’s music I just lose interest in them. Visual arts aren't enough to keep me interested I think. I like them but they don't grab and yank me down to the floor you know, like music. 

The last few days I noticed I have started to feel the same way I felt when I first met Cleo eight years ago. This feeling I cannot describe. It was the feeling I had when I wrote songs like Paris or the Greatest Gift. Just this really soft happy inspired and romantic feeling. I feel in love. 

O.k. this is really fucked up. I just found out my school is three doors down from the house Michelangelo grew up in. Seriously. I couldn’t believe it. I went there but of course it is closed on Tuesdays. This is something you get used to here. Some things are closed on Tuesdays. Why? no ones knows. Some things are closed on Mondays or Wednesdays or some things like the movies here are closed for the whole month of July. You just have to get used to it. There is no logic in it. o.k. so tomorrow we get to go into the house of Michelangelo. Can you imagine? 



Current Spin: Luiz battista, emozione. Not my thing. But very popular here. but I don't like it so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.