Thursday, September 25, 2003


Hi Michigan,
Thanks for sharing so openly... Did you have a serious drinking problem with alcohol? for long? and what made you decide to stop?
do you think you will be able to drink socially once you get the whole 'addiction' thing out of your system? or do you subscribe to the idea of 'it only takes once?' as some people do. 

For me personally, I think it depends on the person and the drug. for instance with me, I can drink or not drink. No prob. same with most drugs. But I don’t think I will ever do coke or acid again. I just think I'm done there and no I don’t think if I did any of that once or twice that it would make me want to do it all the time. I just don’t subscribe to that idea for me and those drugs or drinking. 

But with cigarettes which I quit about 6 years ago and cigars which I quit about a hundred times in the last 6 years, I do kind of think that it is best if I just don’t ever do them. Like never. Because I think maybe my body is perhaps prone to addiction to that chemical, i.e. nicotine. Funny huh? For some people, they can smoke now and then no prob. other people find it impossible to smoke just once. 

The miracle of body chemistry. Who knew when we were just kids before school thinking we were all cool? That a few years later it would all turn into such a mess? Or such a challenge later to quit it all? The irony of course that our parents were always telling us that and trying to stop us from smoking and drinking and all that. but we never listened, and then later it turns out that maybe there was something to all their fuss after all. 

Well michi baby, good on ya mate. I hope you feel better.


Sincerely,
Fishy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.