Wednesday, September 24, 2003


I have done it. In a wild and passionate fit of manic genius i have found a way to continue the transcendence diaries. For six months I have struggled with the dilemma of how to maintain the integrity of being true to my life, while still honoring the call of this mammoth novel. I have found a way, the way, to be able to continue to write as openly and honestly as I want and need to, but in an entirely fictional manner. I will no longer lie awake at night worrying that I am being too honest, nor will I fret over not dedicating enough time to The Adventures of Fishy, which I have been writing for so long now that it feels as if it is a part of me. Rather, I shall make it a part of me. After all, what good are your memoirs if they are not at least in part slightly biographical? I will fuse the world of the Ambassador with my own. I will no longer be Fishy pretending that he has never heard of this Ambassador. And vice versa. I will fuse the two. And Tobias Guess too. I have not seen Tobias in years now. I will summon him to see what he thinks of this grand new scheme of mine. Surely he will approve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.