Monday, October 13, 2003


I received a package in the mail last week from my great aunt Eleanor up in pa. She is in her eighties. It was about one hundred pages of information about that side of my family---my grandmother’s mothers side. Last night I could not sleep. I got up at about 2am and started reading through the documents and looking at the pictures. It turns out that my great grandfather met my great grandmother because he was in the Buffalo Bill Traveling Show as the musical director, after graduating from the Music Conservatory in Milan just like his father who never left Italy but who was very prosperous in music in Italy; this is the only job my great grandfather could get at the time in the States, if you could imagine. Playing in Buffalo Bills traveling show. He was 27 and she was a mere 14. Eeks! They had six kids. Eventually he became the Music Director at a University in Pennsylvania. His son Anthony also graduated from the conservatory. He then went on to become the Music director of the Sands Hotel in Vegas for thirty years. It is no mere coincidence that I was born a musician it appears. I read with fascination every page. All the generations that preceded me and my brother. How interesting it is studying our genealogy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.