Sunday, October 12, 2003

This is from the Moveon.org organization:  “As the true cost of the Iraq war is becoming clear, and as Congress debates the $87 billion, the Bush administration is on a PR offensive. President Bush and other officials did a series of exclusive interviews with regional media outlets in hopes of circumventing the national papers that might ask tough questions or scrutinize his statements closely. And newspapers across the country received letters ostensibly from soldiers in Iraq describing their successes there -- all of which were identically worded. Some soldiers didn't even know about the letter that was sent in their name to their hometown paper. (The Olympian, 10/11/03)”

It is a strange time to be alive. It feels as if we are at war, the American people against the government. The people just want everything to be business as usual, for peace and justice and the American way to prevail. The government just wants to stay in power and do whatever it wants to and is willing to do anything to do so. The people are busy and tired and trying as best they can to just make ends meet. They don't have time to pay attention to a presidential administration that is constantly lying and cheating. This is a record of what our times are like now here in America. The American government is sending newspapers fake letters from American soldiers. It is a twisted time. We not sure who the real enemy is anymore here.

I really want to nail this being alone thing. This being a bachelor thing. I don't know why. But part of me just feels like I have to nail it. I feel like I am on a mission. To feel totally happy and content and exhilarated just by being with myself. Crazy. Because I see love all around me and I remember it and I know what its like and how wonderful it is. But I don't want it until I feel totally amazing by myself. Until I am just waking up everyday kicking my heels. Which actually I have been doing for the better part of two and half years since I have been alone. But alas, there is something still there that I am wanting to experience. I need to really get this whole bachelor thing out of the old system before I make any promises to anyone. I want to be my own girlfriend and wife. I want to be my own God. I want to experience it all from me first. And then I can share it with someone else. The only problem of course is that the longer I am alone the lonelier I feel. Is this normal? Its not a nice feeling. I have to say. Am I supposed to feel this way? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.