Friday, November 14, 2003

The only male strokes fan in America speaks. That's me. all my guy friends give me a hard time for it. I love them anyway. went out with the guys tonight. I am so drunk. waiting for my Minnie driver. Some smart witty and charming girl to come prancing into my life with a mind bright and sunny, deep and rich and sparkly and never ending.

My friends always high fiving when they see some hot girl on the street or in a bar. They don't know. man we’re we wasted. that's not where its at. Smart girls rule. Funny and smart girls even better. Watching royal tennenbaums drunk. Funny. Hanging out with my friends tonight at the bar. Listening to all the old music they play from the eighties. The eighties are so in now. Remember when the eighties were so out? they were. Think of grunge. O.k. I don't mean think how popular grunge music copy cat bands are still today in the MAINSTREAM; what I mean is think of how really really really cool people think of grunge... o.k. now you get it. Exactly. Like please turn that off NOW! that's the way we used to think of eighties music, once it hit the nineties, even though eighties music was still being shoved down our throats everyday in the mainstream. It used to be so hated and made fun of. Don't worry, in ten years, by approximately 2013, maybe 2017 grunge will start coming back big-time [I think it has already—God will it just go away for a few years at least???] It will be HUGE!!!! And bands like green day, blink 182, sum41, 311, good charlotte, and creed, and staind and disturbed, and all the other one-name nirvana wannabe bands [forgive me for knowing all these names; I had no idea I did really] will be on those sort of reunion or nostalgia tours together. Wait and see. And it will be worse than that. There will be Seattle and grunge shows on VH1, showing all the same shit we've already lived through. Yakking it up for the younger generations. It will happen the same way all these metal hair bands are just about to start doing it today, or even all the fifties doo-wop groups are doing it, or all the older country singers are doing it. the nostalgia tours. it aint a pretty picture, but it’s a living. Simple.

We humans are so predictable. It all comes in twenty year cycles. Sometimes twenty five. Like what is actually happening now with eighties music. Seriously. Bon jovi is actually starting to become cool again. with the kids. Its nostalgic for us man. Last night we were wasted and what were we doing when bon jovi came on? We were guzzling booze and shooting our hands up into the air singing “I'm a cowboy on a steel horse I ride!!!” and high fiving each other. Cheesy or not. yea baby. Duracell commercials or not. crazy. if I ever start doing Duracell commercials I pray that any of my friends please kill me. as a favor. Thanks. I will appreciate it. got me thinking about it. I miss my friends from high school. I think about them all the time. remember that? man getting drunk or getting laid was all that mattered. When did it all turn into being about making money? I don't know. but that's pretty much it now. everyone’s always talking and thinking about success and money. but tonight was different. All singing and dancing and high fiving and drinking. It was fun. Me and Bas talking on the way home about the friends we had in high school that we don't hang out with anymore. We decided that its important to really be careful or at least to have some care or concern when we’re hanging out with people. not just to hang out with anyone anytime. You take the risk of ending up spending all this time of your life hanging out with people who aren't even going to be true blue or close to you later. You know, its that whole thing of not giving yourself away to people who don't deserve it. sometimes you have to be strong to master that way of being. [remember that one time when Anthony Robbins told everyone ‘you are only as successful and as happy as the people you choose to have around you. look at your friends. Take a good hard look at them...’ and he went on and on and it really had an impact at that time on us. you do an inventory. I look back at the six or so best friends I had in high school and only two of them am I still tight with today. the other ones we just grew apart. It happens. its not a bad thing. It happens. sometimes I think I gotta look so and so up and see what they're doing. Sometimes you hear stuff about them like oh did you hear that such and such has aides, or got hit by a car or won the lottery. Its fucking crazy. cause as obvious as everything seems around us, it never hits home really till it hits home.

Current Spin:. Non-stop strokes new one. not as good as first one for me yet. but still like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.