Saturday, January 17, 2004

I am on the phone with Microsoft tech support. About the diaries and saving word files as web pages. Cust service was great. You pay like $35 for each time you call them. for me it has always been worth it to pay and just collect a few issues and get them all answered or resolved at once. The tech I am talking to is in India. Of course. She tells me its about 2 in the morning where she is. I told her it is very sad now about how we are losing all of our jobs here to other countries. she said she understood. I told her that now Dell, American express, Sony, and now even Microsoft have all moved their tech support centers to India. And last week cover of New York Times read “Zero Percent Job Growth in last quarter of 2003.” Zero percent job growth?! Can you imagine? In the land of the American dream???!!! Fucked up. and here I am on the phone with a supposed Microsoft tech support agent—supposedly an American company---and she is in some small town in India. No wonder.

Went to the 5th annual MC awards at tobacco road, a local club. The awards are an extreme joke, but somehow unite the music community like nothing else. MC is like “And now for our next award. For the guy who thinks he doesn’t have to start on time, who thinks that his whole band should get free food and drinks everytime they walk in the place, who thinks that he should actually be paid to perform, there is only one person who deserves this more than any other, ladies and gentlemen, the Prima Donna of the year award goes to Fishy.” If you’re going to win something, let it be something like this. “Its not easy being a Prima Donna. God knows I've tried over the years. Although some would say I go overboard sometimes, I still haven't perfected the art of it completely. But with this award, you have given me a strength and a courage to continue on in my quest for prima Donnas all over the world. I thank you.” took a bow. All very tongue and cheek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. You rock for taking the time to share your ideas and opinions with others.